Tuesday, August 3, 2010

As I sit here thinking to myself....

I'm sitting here thinking what a waste of a summer this has been sort of....sure there were some ok things like drivers ed and work.(which was both ok and bad at the same time...)

What have I really accomplished though? Not much to be honest. I think the most important thing I've done this summer was help my dad with putting a new roof on our house. I saved him five grand in labor costs and gained a greater respect for people who work in labor fields. It also gave me more experience so now I'll know how to do it when I have a house.

How have I changed this summer? Maybe thats a better topic to think about. Well I've become more of a hard worker than I was before I can say the for sure. Have I matured? I'd say yes because I understands what actually goes into working now.

I've been real disappointed this summer though. Most of my friends havent been around much to do anything and  haven't really gotten a "vacation". Was supposed to go camping this week but that sure didn't pan out for several reasons. My family is supposed to go to Wisconsin Dells in a few days but I sure don't feel like going. Its not that it is a bad place or anything but I could care less for water parks and the whole tourist trap business. But everyone else wants to go so I'm not going to really make a big deal about it. Actually might see if they can just drop me off somewhere and I'll go on a day hike maybe....
My parents probably won't  let me but what ever I'll deal.

Overall though has it been that bad? I'd say no. I would be selfish to say its been bad. I know lots of other people who have had worse summers so I shouldn't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment