Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Expensive!!!?

Wow I havent posted for a while now!

Anyways lately I've been thinking about where I'll be in the future. College for example. So I think the two fields I've narrowed it down to are International Relations and Criminal Justice.

So what are these?
International Relations-No its not setting up international people on a date haha. It is studying international conflict, diplomacy, and economics. With this major I'd have jobs available like...Foreign Correspondent, Intelligence Officer, Foreign Service Officer, International Business Manager, and if that doesn't work out...could always be a social studies teacher haha.

Criminal Justice-Scientific study of the application of law and natural sciences to stop crime. So obviously there are many different ways to use this major. For example as as stepping stone to law school, Police, F.B.I, D.E.A, A.T.F., other federal abc groups, Private Military Company, Crime Analyst, etc.

Oh yeah and for anyone whos wondering. I used this website called mymajors.com
It is very helpful everyone should check it out =]
http://www.mymajors.com/

So if you can't tell already I really want to try and help my country in some way. I don't really care about how much money I make I'd much rather leave a mark somehow improving the national and international community.

With that being said. I took a look at colleges. Georgetown is supposed to have the best International Relations school any where. But at the tune of 39k a year in tuition not counting housing or any additional fees. I'd have to have scholarships flying out the wazoo to go there. Next I checked out Loyola in Chicago. Now at 30k its a bit cheaper but still kinda expensive.
I think I better look at public schools to see what else there is. Cause its basically gonna hve to be paid for by scholar ships since my mom and dad won't be able to help much esepcially since my sister will start college the same time as me.

I really wish I was rich haha.That would make things so much easier. Oh well its ok though I guess it helps teach me how to work for what I want.
So I'm gonna work hard the next few years here at highschool to hopefully get some scholarships.

I think I'll try and make a less serious post later.

1 comment:

  1. I see you in International Relations.
    Georgetown is very expensive indeed but it highly meets your interest! If my memory servs me right, the dean of the college once came to our school and presented Georgetown, everyone was amazed! But unfortunately the dean only presented it to the senior class and it was already too late for them to take any tests of entrance as nobody knew about the SAT and stuff.

    ReplyDelete